St Brigid’s church in Pahiatua receive a gift from the former Polish Children of Pahiatua
This picture was given to the children at the Polish Camp just south of Pahiatua in 1944. It was painted by a Polish soldier of the 3rd Carparthian Brigade in Italy and presented to the Polish children in Pahiatua to remind them of their devotion to Our Lady of Czętochowa , the patron saint of Poland. The picture now resides in St Brigid's Church in Pahiatua. It was given as a gift to St Brigids on the 60th anniversary of the children's arrival in New Zealand. Józef and Stefania Zawada presented the picture to the parish.
Stefania (Sondej) Zawada