Motor Torpedo Boat S7
Tadeusz Lesisz was a Polish Navy cadet in 1939, escaping to the UK on ORP Burza.
After Royal Navy courses in anti-submarine warfare and naval gunnery he found himself, in July 1940, second-in-command of S3, one of several motor gun boats assigned to Polish crews. Based at Fowey in Cornwall, the Polish-crewed boats were charged with protecting Channel shipping and reconnoitring the approaches to the French ports. This photograph of MTB S7 is from Lesisz's album. MTB S7 was built in Cowes, Isle of White, and launched by Polish Navy in 1944 as part of the 8th MTB Flotilla under the command of Lt. Cmdr. Witold Szuster.